The WOC Ocean Executive Forum will bring together a unique, cross-sectoral panel of CEOs at the 2017 Sustainable Ocean Summit (SOS) to engage in a high-level plenary discussion to advance industry leadership and collaboration in ocean sustainable development.
The SOS 2017 Ocean Executive Forum panel will include:
- Oil and Gas: Mike Utsler, Chief Operating Officer, Woodside Energy
- Ports: Karen Oldfield, President and CEO, Halifax Port Authority
- Fisheries: Ian Smith, CEO, Clearwater Seafoods
- Shipping: Ben Christian, Vice President – Marine Services, TOTE Services
- Ship Registries: Scott Bergeron, CEO, Liberian International Ship and Corporate Registry
- Ocean Energy: Reenst Lesemann, CEO, Columbia Power Technologies
- Indigenous Corporations: Bernd Christmas, CEO, Gitpo STORMS
- Ocean Data/Technology: Joe Turner, CEO, Exocetus Autonomous Systems
This extraordinary high-level, multi-industry panel will consider the challenges and opportunities for the private sector to respond to the growing need to responsibly supply energy, food, transport and information from the sea. Additional CEOs from other sectors will be joining the panel as their availability is confirmed.
The WOC is also pleased to announce the “CEOcean Club”, an invitation-only gathering for C-level and VIP delegates at the SOS.
Participation opportunities at SOS 2017, Halifax, 29 Nov-1 Dec, are filling faster than WOC has ever before experienced. Click here for SOS 2017 information, registration and sponsorship opportunities.
A growing list of SOS 2017 Sponsors from around the world is supporting this important gathering of the ocean business community.
- Gold Sponsor: TCC Group
- Silver Sponsors: McInnes Cooper, Rightship, Woodside Energy
- Bronze Sponsors: Australian National Centre for Ocean Resources and Security (ANCORS), IHC Mining BV, Liquid Robotics, Louisbourg Seafoods
- Additional sponsors: AGAWA Partners, Discover Halifax, exactEarth, Resolute Marine Energy, SubCtech, Thordon Bearings
A growing number and range of SOS 2017 Media Partners and Industry Organization Endorsers from around the world and across the sectors are also part of this exceptional global event.
The SOS 2017 Program continues to add senior representatives and presentations from industry, government and other stakeholders.