The European Marine Biological Research Infrastructure Cluster (EMBRIC) offers marine biotech projects access to facilities for researchers from academia or industry.
Designed to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery and innovation from marine Bio-Resources, EMBRIC offers access to high-quality facilities and pioneering technology platforms of 21 Access Providers from five European Research Infrastructures:
- AQUAEXCEL2020: facilities and tools for marine aquaculture
- ELIXIR: life-science information management
- EMBRC: fundamental and applied research on marine bio-resources and marine ecosystems
- EU-OPENSCREEN: discovery of biologically active substances in all areas of Life Sciences
- MIRRI: microbial resource for research and development in the field of biotechnology
Transnational Access to the EMBRIC consortium is provided to teams up to two users (User Groups) of researchers, students and technicians, from academia and industry. A User Group can consist of more than two users, but the costs of travel and accommodation are reimbursed only for a maximum of two persons per User Group.
The EMBRIC Transnational Access includes:
- technical and scientific support
- administrative and logistic support
- free use of the services and platforms to a certain limit
- hands-on training needed to use these facilities
The Access program sponsors:
- laboratory fees (use of standard disposables and access to services and platforms)
- travel costs (up to 800€ per two round trip/person)
- subsistence costs (up to 120€ per day/person)
- shipping of material needed for your Project (max. 400€)
This call is open to innovative projects in the field of marine biotechnology, for eligibility click here.
Submission of Project proposals are now open. Apply by 30 April