As part of the leadership transition plan in their O’Fallon, Missouri office, EcoAnalysts seeks a highly motivated natural resource/business professional with a demonstrated history of successfully managing natural resource projects and operational performance of a team of environmental scientists and support staff.
EcoAnalysts, Inc., is a small, but growing ecology and natural resource consulting firm having been in operation since 1992. With 70+ employees, they are a national environmental consulting and laboratory services firm that provides services supporting terrestrial, freshwater and marine ecological studies, permitting and management programs. Their scientists provide study design, field sampling, data analysis and interpretation, and recommendations regarding the condition and stewardship of natural resources. The EcoAnalysts team has exceptional expertise in natural resource consulting; aquatic and terrestrial ecology; freshwater mussel ecology and conservation biology; aquatic and sediment ecotoxicology testing; and taxonomic identification services of benthic invertebrates, meiofauna, zooplankton, phytoplankton, periphyton, ichthyoplankton, marine algae, and harmful algae blooms. With multiple offices throughout the USA and Canada, EcoAnalysts serves local, national and international project needs.
The company seeks an Office Practice Leader to manage, diversify, and profitably grow their regional operations in the Midwest. The position will be based in their O’Fallon, Missouri office (St. Louis) where they have a nationally recognized team of 12 biologists, divers and support staff that have been providing services in freshwater aquatic ecology for over 25 years. The team works in over 15 states annually. The position requires a strong technical (environmental science, fisheries, freshwater mussel, aquatic ecology), financial, business development and management background and a solid reputation of building and maintaining key client relationships, as well as, producing quality products for those clients. This is a full-time position that would involve project work as well as management and marketing, is located at the O’Fallon, MO office, and reports to the Executive Team.
Our Office Practice Leaders
- Lead an operating unit within an office including ensuring technical staff assignments are optimized for maximum utilization and profit.
- Are driven to lead project teams, staff and market new clients.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities.
- Direct, manage and monitor multiple project budgets, scopes and schedules for client deliverables.
- Lead and mentor project managers on strategic pursuits including proposal development and client meetings, and help maintain strong relationships with key leaders within the EcoAnalysts team nationally.
- Perform Quality Analysis/Quality Control of key deliverables related to projects and tasks managed as well as projects and tasks managed by others; responsible for implementation of the firms' quality procedures at project and task levels.
- Evaluate and enhance current reporting practices and procedures to ensure quality and consistent delivery of materials.
- Prepare technical documents and reports.
- Identify and market new clients throughout the Midwest and other areas.
- Work to cross-sell EcoAnalysts’ services and increase business from accounts under management.
- Interface well with and develop a rapport and positive relationship with our clients and employees.
- Hire, supervise, and direct environmental staff.
- Review RFPs/RFQs and prepare proposals.
- Maintain a current book of business along with a billable utilization target.
- Have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Frequent, extended travel required
- Bachelors in Engineering, Biology, Environmental Sciences or related field of study.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years’ experience leading project teams and managing technical staff under a Seller/Doer business model within environmental consulting or engineering firms.
- Understanding of NEPA, Endangered Species Act (ESA), Clean Water Act, and the regulatory process.
- Experience managing P&L for an operating unit, creating and maintaining budgets on both the project level and office P&L level.
- Technical project expertise in environmental investigations, remediation, environmental compliance and due diligence.
- Experience with identifying, winning, and conducting 500k+ yearly net revenue of environmental services to new and existing clients in a Seller/Doer consulting services business model.
In addition to the basic qualifications the qualifications below are highly desired but not required:
- Recent client relationships in the St. Louis or Kansas City markets.
- Masters of Science in natural resource field (Environmental Science, Fisheries, Aquatic Biology)
EcoAnalysts offers a dynamic, entrepreneurial work environment with a science-driven focus. Advancement potential is created through growth, so this position will be influential in developing your career path.
EcoAnalysts offers competitive compensation and benefits package including a SIMPLE IRA plan with a company match. For more information about the company, click here.